Thursday, September 13, 2012
CCPH Vaccine Changes
Crawford County Public Health; Important Notice:
Due to changes at the federal level, the Crawford County Public Health
Department will no longer be able to provide immunizations to children and adults with private health insurance that covers vaccine. We have been informed by the State of Wisconsin Immunization Program that these changes will become effective on October 1, 2012. This policy will also apply to those individuals who have a deductible or co pay. Vaccinations will need to be provided through your medical provider, not the local health department.
Where can you get vaccinated?:
• Families who are uninsured or have Medical Assistance or Badgercare may continue to receive vaccinations through the local health departments.
• If you do not have one of the plans listed above, check with your health insurance company to see about vaccine coverage. Look for a toll free number on the back of your insurance card.
• Call your medical provider today to find out if they currently offer the vaccines you need or if they plan to start offering them beginning October 1, 2012.
• During the 2012-13 Influenza Season, the Influenza vaccine will remain free of charge and available to children 6 months through 18 years regardless of insurance coverage.
• If you have further questions, please call your insurance company or the Crawford County Public Health Department at 326-0229. We will do our best to assist you.