- Ask your doctor about the immunizations you should have and take actions to ensure your immunizations are current.
- Discuss the risk of getting certain health conditions. Are there lifestyle choices and changes that should be addressed to lower your risk?
- Ask your doctor about appropriate health screenings according to your age, weight, and heredity.
- Ask about the risks and benefits of tests and treatments. Discuss with your doctor what you like and dislike about your choices for care.
- Make sure you understand and can follow your doctor’s instructions. If you are unclear, make sure to have your doctor repeat it or explain the information in a way that makes sense to you.
- For more specific questions to address with your doctor on tests, fees, medications, specialty care, diagnosis, treatments and surgery, visit this website.
Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare