- Consult your provider promptly when problems arise and continue follow-up until problems are resolved.
- Give your complete health history. Be honest and specific about your symptoms.
- Give your provider a complete list of all the medications you are taking, including over-the-counter, supplements and herbal remedies.
- Take all medications as prescribed, even if you feel better before the medication is gone.
- Take a written list of questions to your appointment.
- Ask questions when you don’t understand. Your provider won’t know to clarify information if you don’t ask.
- Follow your provider’s advice on changes in your daily routine, such as nutrition and exercise.
- Commit to a regular schedule of check-ups and tests as appropriate for someone your age, sex and medical history (exams, mammograms, cholesterol tests, etc.)
- Keep your communication open with your healthcare provider. If a medication or treatment isn’t working, share your concerns with your provider. Your provider won’t know your problems unless you stay in contact.
Senior Communication Consultant, Marketing Communications
Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare
700 West Avenue South
La Crosse, WI 54601